Get the Skills to Become a Professional Manicurist
24-Week* Manicurist-Nail Technology Training Program in California, Nevada & Texas
Are you passionate about beauty and nail care? As a Manicurist, you can learn the knowledge and skills to make nail care your career! Manicurists are nail care specialists, and are experts in the practice of manicures, pedicures, nail tips, wraps, and nail enhancements.
The Manicurist-Nail Technology program at the Milan Institute provides the technical and practical skills training you need to succeed in this exciting industry. Gain the skills needed to take the State Board examination for licensure in as few as 24 weeks*!
Manicurist-Nail Technology Training at the Milan Institute
The Manicurist-Nail Technology program at the Milan Institute provides students with the basic manipulative skills, safety judgments, proper work habits, and desirable attitudes necessary to take the State Board examination and for entry-level positions as a manicurist or in a related career field. Students receive the practical training needed to provide nail care services including manicures, pedicures, nail tips, wraps, and nail enhancements as well as perform the basic analytical skills to determine proper nail services and nail shaping for the clients’ overall image and needs.
In the Manicurist-Nail Technology program, students learn:
- Manicure and Pedicure Services – water and oil manicures, hand and arm massage, complete pedicures, foot and ankle massage, nail analysis, nail repairs, and application of artificial nails, liquid, gel, powder brush-ons, dip, nail tips, and wraps.
- Creative Nail Art Concepts – creative nail designs, airbrushing techniques, and nail art.
- Salon Business and Professionalism – business and communication skills, including professional ethics, customer service skills, decorum, record keeping, and client service records, basic tax responsibilities related to independent contractors, booth renters, employees, and employers.
- Disinfection and Sanitation – procedures to protect the health and safety of clients as well as the technician and proper disinfection procedures for equipment used in establishments.
- Health and Safety Considerations – anatomy (hair/skin/nails), chemistry and chemical safety including, protection from hazardous chemicals and preventing chemical injuries, preventing communicable diseases, electricity and electrical safety, and State Board Laws and Regulations.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to take the State Board examination for licensure, and qualify for entry-level positions as manicurists or in related career fields.
Is a Career as a Manicurist Right for You? Take the Milan Institute "Manicurist-Nail Technology Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for manicurists is projected to grow at least 22 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations. The BLS projects 36,600 new openings to arise from this growth and from the need to replace workers who retire or leave these occupations for other reasons.
National averages may not accurately reflect workers’ earnings and employment opportunities in particular parts of the country. They may include earners and employment opportunities at all stages of their careers and not just recent graduates’ entry-level wages and opportunities.
Get a Career You Feel Good About
Are you ready to turn your passion for nail care into a career you’ll love? With the Milan Institute, you can train for a Manicurist-Nail Technologist career in as few as 24 weeks*! Gain the technical and practical skills training you need to take the state board examination for licensure and succeed in the beauty industry.
Our admissions representatives will be happy to answer questions and schedule a tour of our classrooms and student salon where you can learn more about the path to your new career.
Call 1-888-207-9460 today!
The Manicurist-Nail Technology program is offered at these campuses
- Amarillo, Texas
- Bakersfield, California
- Clovis, California
- El Paso, Texas
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Merced, California
- Palm Desert, California
- Reno, Nevada
- San Antonio, Texas – Ingram Road
- San Antonio, Texas – South
- Visalia, California
- Vacaville, California
*Program length varies by state; please contact Admissions for more information.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Manicurist Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers as a Manicurist and exploring whether Milan Institute is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-207-9460