Get the Skills to Become a Cosmetology Professional
34-Week* Cosmetology Training Program in
Palm Desert California
Do you have a passion for beauty? As a Cosmetologist, you can turn your passion into your career! As specialists in the art and science of haircare, skincare and nails, Cosmetologists are the foundation of the beauty industry.
The Cosmetology program at the Milan Institute in Palm Desert provides the technical and practical skills you need to enter the beauty industry. Learn the skills needed to take the State Board examination for licensure in as few as 34 weeks*!
The best way to see if Milan Institute in Palm Desert is the right fit for you is to come and tour the school. You can tour our facilities and meet with students and instructors. Schedule a tour now or Get more info.
Cosmetology Training at Milan Institute in Palm Desert
The Cosmetology program at the Milan Institute in Palm Desert provides students with instruction and technical skills to perform hair, skin, and nail services. Students receive practical training in the areas of hairdressing, health and safety, skin care, manicuring, and pedicuring.
In the Cosmetology program, students learn:
- Hairstyling Services – arranging, blow drying, cleansing, curling, dressing, hair analysis, shampooing, waving, and non-chemical straightening, and hair cutting, including the use of shears, razors, electrical clippers and trimmers, and thinning shears, for wet and dry cutting.
- Chemical Hair Services – coloring, straightening, waving, bleaching, hair analysis, predisposition and strand tests, safety precautions, formula mixing, and the use of dye removers.
- Skin Care Services – chemical and manual facials and massaging, stimulating, exfoliating, cleansing, or beautifying the face, scalp, neck, or body by the use of hands, esthetic devices, cosmetic products, antiseptics, lotions, tonics, and creams.
- Hair Removal and Lash and Brow Services – tinting and perming eyelashes and brows, applying eyelashes, removing superfluous hair from the body through use of depilatories, tweezers, sugaring, nonprescription chemicals, or waxing.
- Manicuring and Pedicuring – water and oil manicures, hand and arm massage, foot and ankle massage, nail analysis, and artificial nail services, including acrylic, liquid and powder brush-ons, dip, tips, wraps, and repairs.
- Professional Development – communication skills, personal and professional ethics, customer service skills, client communication, decorum, record keeping, client service records, rules and regulations, job readiness skills, and employment-seeking strategies.
- Disinfection and Sanitation – procedures to protect the health and safety of clients as well as the technician and proper disinfection procedures for equipment used in establishments.
- Health and Safety Considerations – anatomy (hair/skin/nails), chemistry and chemical safety including, protection from hazardous chemicals and preventing chemical injuries, preventing communicable diseases, electricity and electrical safety, and State Board Laws and Regulations.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to take the State Board examination for licensure, and qualify for entry-level positions in Cosmetology or related career fields.
Is a Career as a Cosmetologist Right for You? Take the Milan Institute "Cosmetology Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
I decided to go to Milan Institute after researching the Cosmetology program and thought it was the best choice being that I was a single mom. My overall experience at Milan Institute was something that I will never forget, it set up my standards for how I run my salon. As of 2020 I became a full owner with my partner and opened our very own salon during the pandemic which became so successful that within six months we expanded. Now we run two successful buildings and are always looking to expand our team and grow.
Gain Experience in Our Student Salon
Cosmetology isn’t learned all in the classroom – it’s learned in the student salon. As a student in this program, you’ll have the opportunity to work with real clients in our on-site student salon.
With supervision & guidance from our experienced instructors, you will provide clients with services similar to those offered in salons and spas. Once you’ve completed your program, you will be prepared to enter the professional world with confidence and begin building your client base.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of barbers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists is projected to grow 11 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations. Population growth will lead to greater demand for hair care services.
National averages may not accurately reflect workers’ earnings and employment opportunities in particular parts of the country. They may include earners and employment opportunities at all stages of their careers and not just recent graduates’ entry-level wages and opportunities.
As a graduate of Cosmetology school, you may find employment in:
- Beauty Salons
- Resort Hotels
- And more!
Many Cosmetologists may choose to own their own salon! Learn more about Cosmetology training at Milan Institute and see if our program is the right fit for you.
Get Cosmetology Career Training You Feel Good About
Are you ready to turn your passion for beauty into a career you’ll love? With the Milan Institute in Palm Desert, you can train to become a Cosmetologist in as few as 34 weeks*! Gain the technical and practical skills you need to take the state board examination for licensure and succeed in the beauty industry.
Our admissions representatives will be happy to answer questions and schedule a tour of our classrooms and student salon where you can learn more about the path to your new career.
Call 1-888-207-9460 today!
The Cosmetology program is offered at these campuses:
- Amarillo, Texas
- Bakersfield, California
- Clovis, California
- El Paso, Texas
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Merced, California
- Palm Desert, California
- Reno, Nevada
- San Antonio – Ingram, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas – South
- Vacaville, California
- Visalia, California
*Program length varies by state; please contact Admissions for more information.
Is The Cosmetology Program Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about the Cosmetology program and exploring whether Milan Institute is right for you, click get info on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-207-9460