Get the Skills to Become a Professional Barber
34-Week* Barbering Training Program in El Paso
Do you have a passion for barbering and hair care? As a Barber, you can learn the knowledge and skills to make hair and beard care your career! Barbers are experts in the practice of hairstyling, beard shaving, and trimming.
The Barbering program at the Milan Institute of Cosmetology in El Paso provides the technical and practical skills training you need to succeed in this exciting industry. Gain the skills needed to take the State Board examination for licensure in as few as 34 weeks*!
The best way to see if Milan Institute of Cosmetology is the right fit for you is to come and tour the school. You can tour our facilities and meet with students and instructors. Schedule a tour now or Get more info.
Barbering Training at the Milan Institute of Cosmetology in El Paso
The Barbering program at the Milan Institute of Cosmetology provides students with the basic manipulative skills, safety judgments, proper work habits, and desirable attitudes necessary to take the State Board examination and for entry-level positions as a barber or in a related career field. Students receive the practical training needed to provide hairdressing, hairstyling, and shaving services.
In the Barbering program, students learn:
- Hairstyling Services – arranging, blow drying, cleansing, curling, dressing, hair analysis, shampooing, waving, and non-chemical straightening, and hair cutting, including the use of shears, razors, electrical clippers and trimmers, and thinning shears, for wet and dry cutting.
- Chemical Hair Services – coloring, straightening, waving, bleaching, hair analysis, predisposition and strand tests, safety precautions, formula mixing, and the use of dye removers.
- Shaving and Trimming of the Beard – preparing the client’s hair for shaving, assessing the condition of the client’s skin, performing shaving techniques, applying aftershave antiseptic following facial services, and massaging the face and rolling cream massages.
- Professional Development – communication skills, personal and professional ethics, customer service skills, client communication, decorum, record keeping, client service records, rules and regulations, job readiness skills, and employment-seeking strategies.
- Disinfection and Sanitation – procedures to protect the health and safety of clients as well as the technician and proper disinfection procedures for equipment used in establishments.
- Health and Safety Considerations – anatomy (hair/skin/nails), chemistry and chemical safety including, protection from hazardous chemicals and preventing chemical injuries, preventing communicable diseases, electricity and electrical safety, and State Board Laws and Regulations.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to take the State Board examination for licensure, and qualify for entry-level positions as barbers or in a related career field.
Is a Career as a Barber Right for You? Take the Milan Institute "Barbering Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
I graduated from the Barbering program in September 2021. I decided to go back to school because I wanted to create a better future for myself and something that I could build off of. My overall experience at Milan Institute was good. Very thankful for the Milan Institute staff and how hard they push you to stay on task. I eventually would like to open up my own barbershop with nice structure but also give my barbers the freedom to be creative.
Gain Experience in Our Student Salon
Not only will you learn Barbering techniques in the classroom, but you’ll also gain real-world experience working with real clients in our on-site student salon.
You’ll provide stylish cuts and other services under the guidance of our experienced instructors. Once you’ve completed your program, you will be prepared to enter the professional world with confidence and begin building your client base.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of barbers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists is projected to grow 11 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations. Population growth will lead to greater demand for hair care services.
National averages may not accurately reflect workers’ earnings and employment opportunities in particular parts of the country. They may include earners and employment opportunities at all stages of their careers and not just recent graduates’ entry-level wages and opportunities.
As a graduate of Barber school, you may find employment in:
- Barber Shops
- Beauty Salons
- Resort Hotels
- And more!
Many Barbers may choose to own their own Barbershop! Learn more about Barber training at Milan Institute and see if our program is the right fit for you.
Get Barbering Career Training You Feel Good About
Are you ready to turn your passion for barbering into a career you’ll love? With the Milan Institute in El Paso, you can train to become a professional barber in as few as 34 weeks*! Gain the technical and practical skills training you need to take the state board examination for licensure and succeed in this career field.
Our admissions representatives will be happy to answer questions and schedule a tour of our classrooms and student salon where you can learn more about the path to your new career.
Call 1-888-207-9460 today!
The Barbering program is offered at these campuses:
- Bakersfield, California
- Clovis, California
- Merced, California
- Palm Desert, California
- Vacaville, California
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas – Ingram Road Campus
- San Antonio, Texas – South
*Program length varies by state; please contact Admissions for more information.
Is The Barbering Program Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about the Barbering program and exploring whether Milan Institute is right for you, click get info on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-207-9460