Get the Skills to Become a Professional Esthetician
24-Week* Aesthetician-Esthetician Training Program in California, Nevada & Texas
Are you passionate about beauty and skin care? As an Aesthetician-Esthetician, you can learn the knowledge and skills to make skincare your career! Estheticians are skin care specialists, and are experts in the practice of facials, creative hair removal, and make-up application.
The Aesthetician-Esthetician program at the Milan Institute provides the technical and practical skills training you need to succeed in this exciting industry. Gain the skills needed to take the State Board examination for licensure in as few as 24 weeks*!
Aesthetician-Esthetician Training at the Milan Institute
The Aesthetician-Esthetician program at the Milan Institute provides students with the basic manipulative skills, safety judgments, proper work habits, and desirable attitudes necessary to take the State Board examination and for entry-level positions in Esthetics or related career fields. Students receive the practical training needed to provide basic skin services, work with facial machines, perform hair removal and make-up application.
In the Aesthetician-Esthetician program, students learn:
- Facial Services – types, structure of the skin, massage manipulations, and benefits.
- Hair Removal Services – temporary, waxing, hair growth, and safety precautions.
- Aroma Therapy Services
- Nutrition – nourishment, skin facts and functions.
- Color Psychology – color theory, warm and cool colors, and selecting color.
- Makeup Services – makeup services, products, corrective makeup, tools, and supplies.
- Consultation and Analysis – employee and client relationships, public relations, skin analysis, and treatment room.
- Management – salesmanship, business administration related to beauty, salon operations, payroll record keeping and taxes.
- Professional Development – communication skills, personal and professional ethics, customer service skills, client communication, decorum, record keeping, client service records, rules and regulations, job readiness skills, and employment-seeking strategies.
- Sanitation, and Sterilization – procedures to protect the health and safety of clients as well as the technician and proper disinfection procedures for equipment used in establishments.
- Health and Safety Considerations – anatomy and physiology (major bones, muscles, nerves and functions, structure, appendages, conditions, and lesions), chemistry and chemical safety including, protection from hazardous chemicals and preventing chemical injuries, preventing communicable diseases, electricity and electrical safety, and State Board Laws and Regulations.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to take the State Board examination for licensure, and qualify for entry-level positions as estheticians or in related career fields.
Is a Career as an Esthetician Right for You? Take the Milan Institute "Aesthetician-Esthetician Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for skin care specialists (Estheticians) is projected to grow at least 17 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations. The BLS projects 13,400 new openings to arise from this growth and from the need to replace workers who retire or leave these occupations for other reasons.
National averages may not accurately reflect workers’ earnings and employment opportunities in particular parts of the country. They may include earners and employment opportunities at all stages of their careers and not just recent graduates’ entry-level wages and opportunities.
Get a Career You Feel Good About
Are you ready to turn your passion for skin care into a career you’ll love? With the Milan Institute, you can train for an Aesthetician-Esthetician career in as few as 24 weeks*! Gain the technical and practical skills training you need to take the state board examination for licensure and succeed in the beauty industry.
Our admissions representatives will be happy to answer questions and schedule a tour of our classrooms and student spa where you can learn more about the path to your new career.
Call 1-888-207-9460 today!
The Aesthetician-Esthetician program is offered at these campuses:
- Amarillo, Texas
- Bakersfield, California
- Clovis, California
- El Paso, Texas
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Merced, California
- Palm Desert, California
- Reno, Nevada
- San Antonio – Ingram, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas – South
- Sparks, Nevada
- Vacaville, California
- Visalia, California
*Program length varies by state; please contact Admissions for more information.
Is a Rewarding Career in Esthetics Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Esthetics and exploring whether Milan Institute is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-207-9460