Get the Skills to Become an Advanced Esthetician
45-Week* Advanced Esthetician Training Program in Nevada
Are you passionate about beauty and skin care? As an Esthetician, you can learn the knowledge and skills to make skincare your career! Estheticians are skin care specialists, and are experts in the practice of facials and creative make-up application.
The Advanced Esthetician program at the Milan Institute provides the technical and practical skills training you need to succeed in this exciting industry. Gain the skills needed to take the State Board examination for licensure in as few as 45 weeks*!
Advanced Esthetician Training at the Milan Institute
The Advanced Esthetician program at the Milan Institute not only provides students with the basic manipulative skills, safety judgments, proper work habits, and desirable attitudes necessary to take the State Board examination needed for entry-level positions in Esthetics or related career fields, it also provides advanced education and skills training in cutting-edge treatments and devices in order to be competitive in the ever-growing and evolving skin care profession. Students receive the practical training needed to provide skin services, use facial machines, perform hair removal and make-up application.
In the Advanced Esthetician program, students learn:
- Facial Services and Skin Treatments – manual and machine facial service treatments, clinical exfoliation, packs and masks, wraps and scrubs, and advanced spa treatments. Students learn structure of the skin, massage manipulations and benefits, wellness management, and product recommendation. Includes instruction in the use of electrical/mechanical modalities and apparatuses including Microdermabrasion, microcurrent, nanoneedling, LED light therapy, and other devices
- Hair Removal Services – temporary waxing, laser hair removal, hair growth, and safety precautions. Includes instruction in various waxing techniques.
- Makeup and Eyelash Applications – makeup services, products, corrective makeup, eyelash application, eyelash and eyebrow tinting, and brow lamination.
- Consultation and Analysis – employee and client relationships, public relations, skin analysis, and treatment room set up and procedures.
- Spa Management and Professional Development – communication skills, personal and professional ethics, business management, financial business skills, licensing requirements, rules and regulations, spa operations, payroll record keeping and taxes, job readiness skills, and employment-seeking strategies.
- Medical Focus for Estheticians – focuses on the Esthetician’s role working in the medical field, pre- and post-medical treatment, basic pharmacology, and medical terminology. Students also learn anatomy, bacteriology, and physiology (major bones, muscles, nerves and functions, structure, appendages, conditions, and lesions).
- Infection Control and Protection, Disinfection, and Sanitation – procedures to protect the health and safety of clients as well as the technician and proper disinfection procedures for equipment used in establishments.
- Health and Safety Considerations – chemistry and chemical safety including, protection from hazardous chemicals and preventing chemical injuries, preventing communicable diseases, electricity and electrical safety, and State Board Laws and Regulations.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to take the State Board examination for licensure, and qualify for entry-level positions as Estheticians in beauty spas, medical spas, and dermatology offices.
Is a Career as an Esthetician Right for You? Take the Milan Institute ``Advanced Esthetician Career Training Readiness Quiz``
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for skin care specialists (Estheticians) is projected to grow at least 17 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations. The BLS projects 13,400 new openings to arise from this growth and from the need to replace workers who retire or leave these occupations for other reasons.
National averages may not accurately reflect workers’ earnings and employment opportunities in particular parts of the country. They may include earners and employment opportunities at all stages of their careers and not just recent graduates’ entry-level wages and opportunities.
Get Advanced Esthetician Career Training You Feel Good About
Are you ready to turn your passion for skin care into a career you’ll love? With the Milan Institute, you can train to become an Advanced Esthetician in as few as 45 weeks*! Gain the technical and practical skills training you need to take the state board examination for licensure and succeed in the beauty industry.
Our admissions representatives will be happy to answer questions and schedule a tour of our classrooms and student spa where you can learn more about the path to your new career.
Call 1-888-207-9460 today!
The Advanced Esthetician program is offered at these campuses:
- Amarillo, Texas
- Bakersfield, California
- Clovis, California
- Merced, California
- Palm Desert, California
- Reno, Nevada
- San Antonio, Texas – Ingram Road Campus
*Program length varies by state; please contact Admissions for more information.
Is The Advanced Esthetician Program Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about the Esthetics program and exploring whether Milan Institute is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-207-9460